[Homeroast] E-mail addresses hijacked.

Dhananjaya djgarcia at improbablystructuredlayers.net
Mon Jan 23 13:00:54 CST 2012

Frank,

I know you want to get back on topic, so do I, but if it takes you 30
minutes to update your malware / virus databases in Windows 7, there is
something SERIOUSLY wrong with your setup. I use Oupost Firewall Pro and
Avast Free Antivirus. They only take a few seconds to update through my DSL
connection and it happens automatically.

Obviously you love your Apple products, as do some of my friends, no problem
there, but disseminating misrepresented information to make another product
look bad is just, well, plain bad taste. And let's face it, back then there
was little Mac population to interest hackers. Nowadays things are a bit
different. BTW, Mac OS is a flavor of Unix with an Apple GUI on top.

I have used Windows since the NT days - never have I been infected and I
work as a software developer and do all my shopping on the Internet. I also
use proven firewall and antivirus software. Most infections happen by
clicking on a link you should have been more careful about.

OK, back to roasting ...

DJ

Message: 4