[Homeroast] Reaching out and such

Joseph Robertson theotherjo at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 21:38:48 CST 2012

Hey Seldom contributor Scott,
Nice to see you posting and going natural out by the camp fires. I had my
most fun with coffee roasting over a camp fire. Don't hesitate to
demonstrate the CFFP approach to fresh camp coffee. Camp Fire Frying Pan.
Easy to do and hard to master. Stir crazy roaster you will be, (use a
wooden spoon ) If the spoon smokes your not stirring fast enough. ;^).
Great way to attract folks to your camp and to a great cup of coffee. I'm
not suggesting this is a substitute for the charcoal drum method. You will
need the drum to keep up with a for sure demand you will create. If your
not alone one person could man the Barbeque drum while you bring them in
with your morning frying pan bean smoke and fast action it takes to keep
from burning the cherished beans.
Hey, I wish I could be there too. Sounds like fun. Best regards with this
fun endeavor Scott.
Joseph

On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 7:09 PM, Scot Murphy <deppitybob at comcast.net> wrote:

> Hello from a seldom-contributor,
>
> I've got a project this summer and wonder if someone in the general
> southern Lake Michigan area might be willing to help. I am planning to go
> to a festival up near Muskegon, MI called Lakes of Fire (
> www.lakesoffire.org). It's one of those Burning Man festivals that happen
> every year. This'll be my first. It's a 3-day thing, and it's pretty much a
> hippie thing where the general thing to do is give gifts of some kind or
> another. Anything from art to performance to food. I'd like to set up my
> camp as a coffee roasting theme site. I've heard that morning coffee is
> hard to come by at these things, and I'd like to be the camp where everyone
> can come for a cup of coffee.
>
> The thing there is, I need a charcoal-and-drum setup for this site and
> project. It's beyond my finances right now to buy one, so I'm hoping there
> might be someone in the general area I can borrow a set-up like this from
> for the weekend. It's not until late June. I live in northcentral Indiana
> and would be willing to travel a fair distance to borrow one, if one exists
> nearby. I'll leave you something as collateral. :)
>
> Would anyone be able and willing to help?
>

> Scot "provide your own cup" Murphy

Joseph Robertson
Sasquatch Coffee Roasters
Craft Coffee Roasting by Design
joe at sasquatchcoffee.com <http://www.jolindas.com> <http://www.jolindas.com>
(360)521-3104
PO Box 451
Stevenson,Washington
98648 USA

“Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the
children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in
the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or
nothing.”
— Helen Keller