[Homeroast] E-mail addresses hijacked.

steve wirth ace8942003 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 22 14:18:37 CST 2012

Hello Roasters,

 As a fairly passive listener I have not commented much as i have done little coffee roasting (i will in the future).

However i had to comment on the computer infection issues - Using a version of Linux would go a very long way to prevent malware on your computers as the majority of malware is written for the Windows environment.  You can easily dual bootyour computer (when the computer starts you can choose which OS to operate) with Linux(Ubuntu or Mint is a good start). So when i get email, visit various websites etc, I have a very low risk of infection.  And yes there is no perfect defense but using a good defensive strategy goes a very long ways in keeping your computers secure. Thanks for sharing the knowledge, hope this helps and Happy Roasting!

http://lifehacker.com/5403100/dual+boot-windows-7-and-ubuntu-in-perfect-harmony

http://www.ubuntu.com/ubuntu

https://help.ubuntu.com/8.04/switching/dualboot-intro.html#dualboot-intro-advantages