[Homeroast] Ordering coffee and goods online and cybersecurity...

Joseph Robertson theotherjo at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 19:01:46 CST 2012

Tom,
I changed the subject so as not to hijack the coffee alert topic.
I kind of look at it like this. I know I'm working with computers and
technology. I also know I know more than the average Joe, on the street.
Pun intended. We don't have to be here using this technology. Since I
choose to use this technology, ( I'm bringing a gun to a gun fight ) My
gun, being as much knowledge as I can possibly muster up on the use of this
amazing tool called a computer plus how to protect myself from the online
predators who want everything from you, your daughter, your wife, your
money, or anything they can get their cybermitts attached to.
I have been the victim of identity theft two times. Luckily for me I lost
nothing. The FBI agent told me on a conference call that it most likely had
to do with my online shopping frequency and habits.
I now manage all the PC's with our business running two IP address, one
being fixed.
So far so good. No more calls from the FBI lately. I had to be dumb a few
times to get smarter.
I think Tom and Maria are doing well with their system.
Joe