[Homeroast] How much did your roast in 2011?

Joseph Robertson theotherjo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 12:26:08 CST 2012

miKe,
Sure Glad I don't live in Clark County. I hope you don't have to pay much
to send in a report to air quality folks there. Being your neighbor to the
east, Skamania County, not only do we not have to worry about auto
emissions but the aroma from my roasting stack can be enjoyed by all the
locals. The smoke works like a coffee break signal. Last time I was at your
shop I wanted to drink the cup you made me next to your roaster exhaust to
bring up that smoke note a bit. ;^)
 When your exhaust gets too big let me know. I'd be glad to manage one of
your 3 bag roasters over here on the east side. The laws probably still
apply. Just no populous to speak of.
Joe

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 4:19 PM, miKe mcKoffee <mckona at comcast.net> wrote:

> FWIW part of my annual report to the SW Washington Clean Air Agency was
> number of pounds roasted last year. Didn't take the time to do the numbers
> to the exact pound but something over 16,000. Only about 2,285 batches on
> "My Little Pony" (USRC 3k). If it continues as it has the last few months
> 2012 will be over 20k lb. Far cry from the about 100lb/year previously
> roasted strictly for personal use!
>
> Back to bagging, just a little 7 batch 50lb session this afternoon.
>
> Slave to the Bean miKe mcKoffee
> www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
> http://www.mckoffee.com/

> before.