[Homeroast] Rules for perfect cup of coffee - Pakistan Daily Times

Bryan, Compass Coffee bryan at compasscoffeeroasting.com
Thu Jan 12 10:23:23 CST 2012

The idea of cold coffee storage can easily be compared to bread, something the general public is more familiar with preserving.
----------
It's best to just buy your bread once a week from a local bakery.

If that's not an option it's better to buy from a local bakery what you need to make the purchase worthwhile.  Once you make the purchase leave out the bread that you will use that week and freeze the rest.  Refrigerating will just cause the bread to dry out faster, doing little to preserve it.  Once you take the bread out of the freezer you never want to return it to the freezer so only take out what you will use quickly.

The worst thing you can do is to just grab a loaf of pre-sliced off of a shelf in a grocery store and assume it's fresh and preservative free, using it up sometime before it starts to grow mold.

If you're a DIY type of person you can just make your own bread, it's very simple, very easy and not very time consuming.  Depending on where you live, it can be more effort to go out every week for good bread then to just make bread at home.

I probably verbalize that comparison 10 times a day at our cafes.

Bryan Wray
Compass Coffee
Bryan at CompassCoffeeRoasting.com