[Homeroast] Rules for perfect cup of coffee - Pakistan Daily Times

Joseph Robertson theotherjo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 13:05:17 CST 2012

Kirk,
I'm from a generation who did not know or understand your comment,

"I am always bemused by the expert advice not to freeze or refrigerate
coffee.
Ostensibly, this is because coffee can absorb/adsorb odors and flavors as
well as accumulate moisture; but if the beans are sealed, this is simply a
non-issue. If I know I will not consume a coffee within a given week, I
seal and freeze the surplus after is has rested the number of days at which
I wish to hold."
So guess what, many of us did put open or otherwise unsealed coffee in the
fridge or freezer.
Thanks to Tom and Maria we have an open forum to learn the grade school
science of just what you described here. I now am also a,
"(resident cold-storage aficinado)"
Joseph