[Homeroast] Rules for perfect cup of coffee - Pakistan Daily Times

Janomac janomac at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 16:34:27 CST 2012

I am always bemused by the expert advice not to freeze or refrigerate
coffee.
Ostensibly, this is because coffee can absorb/adsorb odors and flavors as
well as accumulate moisture; but if the beans are sealed, this is simply a
non-issue. If I know I will not consume a coffee within a given week, I
seal and freeze the surplus after is has rested the number of days at which
I wish to hold.

Amazing...all these years and I never knew it didn't work [grin].

Seriously, neither my refrigerated coffee nor my frozen coffee has ever
acquired the taste of my celery or leftover chicken.
Where do these people get these notions?...or is it they think people will
be putting open containers of roasted coffee beans in the fridge?

And then there is the question of freezing greens. Many folks on this list
over time have amply demonstrated the efficacy of vacuum sealing and rather
long-term storage of greens.

Kirk
(resident cold-storage aficinado)