[Homeroast] Big Island of Hawaii

Terry McVay (rr) tmcvay at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Jan 6 10:54:31 CST 2012

Wonderful to hear that you will be coming to the Big Island for vacation I
hope you have a great time and I would love to get a chance to meet you and
the family. I saw Zara's response and I know that there are several
homeroasters over the years that have stopped over (including Tom) and trust
that they will respond.  Although I have worked with several coffee farmers
and have been able to to help with the harvests on occasion at friends
farms, I have never 'taken a tour' and would not know what to suggest. Ditto
the coffee shops, unless I have to I don't have coffee 'out' and wouldn't
know who makes a good cup these days. At the International Market (a
collection of shops primarily for tourists) there is a coffee shop where the
owner is a roaster and has a beautiful roaster in the shop as I recall but
like most he makes his coffee wayyyy to weak for my taste.