[Homeroast] identifying green beans

miKe mcKoffee mckona at comcast.net
Wed Jan 4 20:03:47 CST 2012

"Better" is subjective. Take it from someone who once had 17 different TOP
Kona coffees in my personal stash. MOST (or at least a lot of) Kona coffee
would come in behind a good Guatemala in blind cupping. (I use Guat' as an
example because Kona Typica varietal evolved from Guatemala Typica)

Other than possibly being able to tell if greens where old or had a lot of
defects or possibly total wrong varietal picture of greens would be
meaningless. There may be some lab tests for varietal confirmation but not
that I know of. Cupping yes.

Slave to the Bean miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/