[Homeroast] identifying green beans

Terry McVay (rr) tmcvay at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Jan 5 12:14:53 CST 2012

Jeremy you make a very good point and call attention to the kinds of
Inquiry that has made this list so informative.
A few years ago a local coffee company made a lot of money doing just
That. They were able to include a fair amount of cheaper coffee from
Another region into their regional coffee (Kona) and sell it. Took
In a lot of people..  That is one reason why we stick with SM, Tom
Seems to have the 'buds' to assure that we get just what we hope for
And that is good quality.  With that, we train our own tastes and become
Very insufferable at social gatherings. :-)

Terry(Kona)

< gather there is no realistic way to know (assuming the same varietals
<and similar look of the beans) other than a lab test. I will assume this
<is the answer, and I apologize if I have broken a rule.

<Jeremy