[Homeroast] Ethiopia

Gregg Talton gregg.talton at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 14:40:45 CST 2012

I love Ethiopian food, but after the past ten days I think I'll take a good
long break from injera and wat.
I bought a coffee ceremony set at the market in Addis - they are beautiful
sets.

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 3:33 PM, Sandy Andina <sandraandina at mac.com> wrote:

> We have a terrific Ethiopian restaurant around the corner, and its owners
> live on our block.  At our block parties, they do the traditional coffee
> ceremony, roasting the beans in a ceramic pan over a charcoal brazier,
> grinding it by hand and serving it in little earthenware cups. It's very
> dark and very sweet, though not as syrupy as Turkish/Arabian (ibrik-brewed)
> coffee.  It's the highlight of the party---and I always order it at the end
> of the meal when I eat at the restaurant. (For Chicagoans, or prospective
> tourists, it's Ethiopian Diamond).
> On Feb 27, 2012, at 2:01 PM, Gregg Talton wrote:
> Peace & song,
> Sandy
> www.sandyandina.com

They say such nice things about people at their funerals that it makes me
sad to realize that I'm going to miss mine by just a few days. - Garrison
Keillor