[Homeroast] Espresso Shot Temp

miKe mcKoffee mckona at comcast.net
Sun Feb 26 18:08:13 CST 2012

Espresso machines this class use a button thermostat to control boiler temp.
It has a wide, I mean WIDE temperature deadband of a good 25 to 30f from
heater coming on to going off and over shoot. You have to learn to time
(surf) your shots knowing your machine's deadband characteristic. Mucho
info' if you search HB. Plus 20 minutes minimal heat up time for the entire
brew path to be up to temp. And group will heat up until heat saturated
doing consecutive shots.

Good to once in a blue moon great shots are possible entry level SBDU
machines like the Gaggia Baby. Consistency is difficult and takes experience
and an intimate knowledge of your machine applying that knowledge.

Slave to the Bean miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/