[Homeroast] Re Rancilio Rocky grinder not working properly : Homeroast Digest, Vol 49, Issue 19

miKe mcKoffee mckona at comcast.net
Sun Feb 26 16:00:46 CST 2012

Rancilio and Baratza grinder designs apples and oranges. Rocky has no
plastic parts as far as grind adjustment concerned. Also, grinders in this
class and size burrs have an effective burr life of around One Hundred
pounds max espresso grind, not One thousand.

As far as the original problem of excessive shute grind hang after changing
burrs on Rocky, I've replaced my Rocky burrs 8 or 9 times and have never
experienced an operatonal function change so can't speak to the issue.
(other than returning to quality grind with new burrs, and True Zero being
different different burr sets)

Slave to the Bean miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/