[Homeroast] Rancilio Grinder issue

Sandy Andina sandraandina at mac.com
Sat Feb 25 18:56:01 CST 2012

Cleaning the burrs might produce static, which in turn can make lighter beans adhere temporarily en route to the burrs and out. If you don't make a practice of storing beans in the Rocky but instead weigh/measure out what you'll need per grind, you can use your tamper as a "lid." That's what I do in both my Rocky and my Mazzer Mini. (In fact, I know someone with very little clearance between his coffee setup and his cabinet, who forgoes even the compact hopper and uses the tamper as a lid over the throat!)