[Homeroast] Rancilio Grinder issue

Silas Coelho silascoelho1 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 16:29:16 CST 2012

I've replace my  Rancilio Rocky  burrs, and cleaned inside  with a vacuum
cleaner plus a tootbrush. The problem is that after several
assembly/disasembly (I mean more than a dozen times!!!) when I put
everything back again, the coffee does not get out as it should, specially
when is adjusted to fine grind (I do expresso most of time).

 I also tried to (without the top plastic hopper) put my hands on the top
of upper blade (dangerous!!) to see if I could get any coffee out, but
nothing except when is very, very coarse (almost grained).

Seems to be a very simple mechanism to 'repel ' the grind coffee from
inside (just 3 bars on the side of the lower burr will make the job), but
for some strange reason is not working.

Any thoughts?

Grato/Regards
Silas

Contritionem praecedit superbia,
et ante ruinam exaltatio spiritus (Prov 16:18)

http://silasmcoelho.com/