[Homeroast] Can you recommend some greens for me?

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Fri Feb 17 21:25:14 CST 2012

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 12:40:36PM -0700, Phil Palmintere wrote:
> I’m seeking some recommendations on some coffee to order from SM.   My stash
> is getting low, and its near time to order some new greens.  Normally, I
> prefer Central American and several African coffees.   I roast with a Gene
> Café, and make use both an inexpensive espresso maker and a vacuum pot.

I recently got bags of both the ElSal Finca La Montanita Bourbon and
the Guat Huehue Finca Rosma, and they're both wonderful.  I've only had
time for one roast of each (I'm cursed with too many excellent choices,
heh), and am looking forward to getting to know both of them better in
the near future.  The ElSal Majahual is another fine choice, though for
some reason I haven't had any of this year's lot.  Probably has
something to do with 35 lb of greens still on hand...

--
John Searle: Michel, you're so clear in conversation; why is your
written work so obscure?