[Homeroast] Drum Roaster

Joseph Robertson theotherjo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 13:19:40 CST 2012

Ed, in my experience the over or under ripe generally has to do with the
grade of the beans.
There are other factors but this is where I could use Tom's experience to
comment on this.
Joe

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 4:31 PM, Edward Bourgeois <edbourgeois at gmail.com>wrote:

> Sometimes it's about the original under and over ripe, damaged culling
> of beans. Some beans have interesting qualities when either
> intentionally or not a melange and some beans have an incredible sweet
> spot that demands great agitation and evenness.
>
> On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 6:49 PM, Brian Kamnetz <bkamnetz at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I was going to mention this earlier but spaced it out... in my
> > experience, which is limited to heat gun/dog bowl, consistency of
> > color is related to the beans. For example, "Horse" is notorious for
> > lots of variety in the color of the roasted beans. I can't think how a
> > roasting method could result in various colored beans, unless the
> > beans weren't being agitated.
> >
> > Brian
> >

> > On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 3:52 PM, John M. Howison <johnmhowison at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> If you need a bigger roaster, okay.  But if you you are unhappy
> >> because your present roaster gives you a vari-colored product, I have
> >> to ask whether you're after tasty coffee or pretty beans.  I go to a
> >> good deal of trouble to use a mixture of more- and less-roasted beans.
> >>  I get more complex flavors that way.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Contra muros, mater rubicolla

> Forum</a>

> Forum</a>
>

> --
> Ed Bourgeois aka farmroast
> Amherst MA.
> http://coffee-roasting.blogspot.com/

Joseph Robertson
Sasquatch Coffee Roasters
Craft Coffee Roasting by Design
joe at sasquatchcoffee.com <http://www.jolindas.com> <http://www.jolindas.com>
(360)521-3104
PO Box 451
Stevenson,Washington
98648 USA

“Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the
children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in
the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or
nothing.”
— Helen Keller