[Homeroast] Off Topic: Cocoa?

Tim TenClay teejtc at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 12:22:59 CST 2012

Good afternoon,

Sorry to ask an off-topic question.  I know someone around here roasts
Cocoa (probably more than one of you...)  I have a couple of questions:

   - Can I roast cocoa beans in my Hottop (that I roast coffee in)?  (I'm
   not terribly worried about flavor bleeding, I'm just wondering if I could
   roast both with the same roaster?)
   - Can I grind roasted cocoa beans with my regular coffee grinder? (same
   thing... not terribly worried about flavor bleeding - I'm willing to clean
   when I need a purer flavor on either side...)

Thanks!

Grace and peace,
  `tim

--
Want to make a real difference in the world for real people?
http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/timtenclay/AIDSredribbonride