[Homeroast] Brazil Dry-Process Mogiana

Frank Parth fparth at mac.com
Sat Feb 11 11:54:16 CST 2012

This is a coffee I bought earlier this year (IIRC), and just got around to roasting a few weeks ago.

Normally I'll roast about a pound a week. When it looks like I only have a couple days worth of roasted beans on hand
I'll roast another pound. This gives it a little time to develop. We rarely drink coffer that's more than a week old.

The Mogiana was just a so-so coffee the first few times I roasted it. But one time we only got a couple days worth out
of it and I had to put it in the fridge (properly sealed in a ceramic jar) while we went on a trip for a week.

By the time we got back, the coffee had developed wonderfully. It was much better after ten days rest than it was after
resting just a couple of days. I love this stuff now.  I'm sorry I only bought five pounds.

I've gotta learn to experiment more with resting times after this.

Frank Parth