[Homeroast] WSJ.com - The Hot Blonde in the Coffee Shop: A Lighter Roast

Andy Thomas adt0611 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 3 20:30:43 CST 2012

I wanted to try the *$$ blonde, so I went to one of the dozen or so near my house. This store also has a Clover machine, so I got to satisfy my curiosity about both (and now I won't have to go back there for another long time). I had a "tall" (what they call their smallest cup of brewed coffee) Blonde brewed in the Clover. My experience was much like Ed's, that is, there was not much there. It had a little toasted grain flavor, but no origin or varietal character that I could discern. It is a blend, but I didn't ask what the components are.The best I can say about it is that it didn't taste like an ash tray. I'd like to try a decent coffee in the Clover machine some time, but *$$ is the only place around here that has them, as far as I know.

Andy