[Homeroast] 20# bad coffee-first time !!

Phil Bergman phil at junglemusic.net
Fri Dec 21 16:57:12 CST 2012

On this list only rarely does someone talk about the merits or lack of
merits of a given coffee.  Some beans taste great, others not so good,
despite good roasting technique.  I miss that few people actually discuss
the coffees themselves.  I don't mean in general, I mean specific coffees.
That's why I follow this list.  Usually we hear about roasting and equipment
I agree that this is Tom's list and he sets the rules.  But, if we are to
discuss coffee, there will be some losers.  Believe me, if someone raves
about a particular bean, I'll probably go straight to Sweet Marias and read
about it.  So, I don't condemn anyone for saying he didn't like a coffee.
That's his opinion.  And, I like people giving their opinions.  The rule he
broke was "detrimental to the business" I assume. I've had bad beans that
I've bought in the past and didn't like.  Such is life.  But, I'll always
listen to people's opinions about the green beans.
Phil