[Homeroast] Drying period before entering roasting?

Danny Gutierrez dannygoot at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 20:55:26 CST 2012

Roasting too hot can cause the coffee to "tip". This is when the moisture
heats up too fast and sizzles the ends (tips) of the coffee. You will
notice a dark streak or singe on the ends. But, it's truly a matter of
experimentation and tasting. The best way to learn is to find out for
yourself! :)

On Tuesday, December 18, 2012, Tom Ulmer wrote:

> Hello Keld,
> My thinking has been for some time that the roast benefits from a slow
> temperature ramp on the front end - the duration of such is variable. I do
> not roast from visual clues as this is not convenient with my apparatus.
> Cheers to you as well.

Danny G.
(510) 912-0122