[Homeroast] Freshroast SR500 died (was no subject)

MR. ALPERN lalpern at centurylink.net
Mon Dec 3 13:04:22 CST 2012

Sounds like the problem is most likely a defective thermal fuse. They are often made in China
and are of poor quality. I just repaired a nearly new Bodum kettle for a friend, that quit working
because of a bad thermal fuse. If you have a multimeter, it is an easy check, but a visual inspection
will show nothing wrong. If you don't have a multimeter, perhaps you know someone who does and
knows how to troubleshoot with it. In the unlikely event you are a short distance from Johnson City, TN
and care to take a drive, I would be happy to look at it for you.

Len