[Homeroast] (no subject)

John M. Howison johnmhowison at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 13:00:42 CST 2012

After a couple of years of faultless service,  my Freshroast SR 500
gave up the ghost today in the middle of a roast -- simply went dark
and silent.  Is there a likely cure -- a new switch, a new fuse, even
a new heating element.  In the olden days small appliances were
reparable.  Must I invest in a completely new device?

This disaster follows the loss of my new Handy Brew dripper, which
fell off the mug into which it was drainng and broke the handle and a
foot.  Can this admirable if flimsy device be expected to appear
shortly in a sturdier version, as the Clever Coffee Dripper did?

Oh for the days when devices such as my stove-top roaster with the
stirring device on top, bought in a Roman dime store (MAS) lasted
forty years !