[Homeroast] Using an air popper for simple profiles

John Nanci john at chocolatealchemy.com
Tue Aug 28 08:02:01 CDT 2012

In many ways, I see no issue at all with what you are doing.  I LOVED
roasting in my WB1.  I had a modified it for the heater switch, and
had all the various air flows opened up, but that was it.  I profiled
just like you are doing by load, tilting, etc.  And following the
adage, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, I would suggest the same.  I
only 'moved up' to building my own drum roaster because I love
building and challenge and I was tired of roasted 3 or times a
week.  Really the later being the main item.  5-6 oz just was not
cutting it any more.  So, if you are happy, I'd say don't 'fix' it.

Cheers.

John