[Homeroast] Using an air popper for simple profiles

Andy Thomas adt0611 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 27 22:04:17 CDT 2012

I forgot to mention one manipulation I do that increases the air flow. I took the bottom off my popper -- both the plastic
one and the metal plate under it -- and I place the roaster on a small
box fan that is laying down flat so it blows air up into the guts of the popper. This gives the internal fan a boost and helps slow things down.

Here's a link to a thread at homeroasters.org, with lots of ideas for Poppery mods:

http://www.homeroasters.org/php/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=270

(I hope it's OK to post that link here). I'm sure there are also other sites with good info.