[Homeroast] Outlet lost power...

peter zulkowski peterz5743 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 11:56:49 CDT 2012

Brian, You just reminded me that in my house in AZ one of the outside
outlets was controlled by the GFI in a far away bathroom!

But be aware, in this apartment here in MA, not only did I trip the GFI
which is out on the back porch, which I use to roast, but I burned it out
and it would not reset :(   (15 Amps only)
Ymmv.
There are 20 amp GFI breakers available for your fuse box, and I got one
for AZ but never got to use it there.
The land lord suggested that I roast from a non GFI circuit, and for
practical reasons I agree. Somehow they do not like 12 ga. extension cords
plugged into them if you use roasters on them.

In my case the non GFI 20 Amp circuit is right inside the door, and if I
ever find my 20 amp GFI in my PILE left over from moving I will probably
install it here in the 20 amp line inside the door. Would be bad to put it
on a 15 amp line for sure. Wire melting inside walls is very bad for the
building.
Thanks for posting your results.
Happy roasting :)
PeterZ ( Not in LHC anymore) Happy and cool  now in Rockport, MA