[Homeroast] 14.5-amp heat gun on a 10-amp circuit?

Brian Kamnetz bkamnetz at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 13:42:04 CDT 2012

I have another question related to my heat gun. I use a Master
Appliance 751b, which is listed at 14.5 amps. I brought it with me to
a friend's house one time to demonstrate roasting, but first I checked
the breaker box and saw that the circuits were all 10 amp. I thought I
recalled someone on this list saying one time, several years ago if at
all, that because, unlike a motor, the heat gun doesn't have a big
start-up load, it would probably be ok on a 10-amp circuit. Am I
recalling correctly?

Thanks,

Brian