[Homeroast] Outlet lost power...

Paul Goelz pgoelz at comcast.net
Sat Aug 18 20:43:03 CDT 2012

At 09:01 PM 8/18/2012, you wrote:
>Brian,
>
>Jeffrey is correct, newer places (at least in USA) normally
>require the patio and other outdoor outlets be hooked to the
>GFCI circuit. Check the one of the bathroom plugs, they are the
>normal place a GFCI switch is located. The other is a kitchen
>one.
>
>Bob

In my house, the GFCI for the patio outlet is the GFCI in the
upstairs bathroom.  Until I figured that out, it had me scratching my
head for years wondering why the bathroom GFCI would occasionally
trip in a heavy downpour ;)  Apparently, the outdoor outlet could get
wet enough to trip the GFCI even though it is an outdoor outlet with covers.

Paul

Paul Goelz
pgoelz at comcast.net
Rochester Hills, MI