[Homeroast] Outlet lost power...

Brian Kamnetz bkamnetz at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 18:26:30 CDT 2012

Hi,

I moved to a condo (built in 1999) a few weeks ago. My new place has a
concrete patio out back with an outlet very near by. I roasted on the
patio two weeks ago and the outlet worked fine. Today I was going to
roast out there again, but there was no electricity to either plug-in
in the outlet by the patio. I checked the breakers and all seemed
well. I tried all three switches (one for the outside light, one for
the inside overhead light, and one for a plug-in on an inside outlet)
I could find inside the patio door, and that didn't help.

I'm no electrical whiz (that's an understatement), but I'm mystified.
It seems like a breaker should be thrown if something shorted the
outlet. Otherwise (again, I'm not whiz) it seems like it should work.

I'd appreciate any ideas anyone might have as to what might be wrong,
and how I could check to see if that's it.

Thanks!

Brian