[Homeroast] Datalogging Thermometer

sallsup sallsup at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 11:44:41 CDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 11:08 AM, David H.G. Hipwell
<gisdave at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Does anyone use a datalogging thermometer to track their roast temperatures?
>
> I'm trying to decide if I should get one.  If so, I'll probably go with a dual-input model so I can get simultanious readings of air and bean temps.
>
> Thanks.

I've been wondering if it's possible to use my Stoker BBQ controller
unit for tracking coffee roasts.  Obviously it wouldn't be fiddling
with the airflow like it does when controlling my smoker, just
tracking.  With multiple inputs and wireless (and multiple apps
available to interpret the results), it'd be great for monitoring and
logging a roast if we could work out how to use it in a Gene Cafe LOL.