[Homeroast] Something small and trivial but new after all these years of roasting

Jim Gundlach pecanjim at bellsouth.net
Sat Aug 18 08:23:34 CDT 2012

I was out roasting a couple of pounds in the wok this morning to have enough coffee for our daughter's baby shower.  To cool the beans after roasting, I first sit the hot wok in the outside cat's drinking water to cool it down and then I started scooping a stirring spoon full of beans up and pour them back into the wok to cool.  In the past there has been enough air movement to blow the dried husks over so they fall away from the wok.  This morning the air was so still that the husks simply fell back into the wok.  My new solution.  After a spoon full of beans fell back to the wok I moved the wok so the slower falling husks were disappointed in their effort to go back home.

   pecan jim