[Homeroast] Behmor Profiles

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Tue Aug 14 19:59:58 CDT 2012

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 07:01:32AM -0700, Kevin Lauer wrote:
> The new version of the Behmor 1600 has a mechanism on the door hinge
> that keeps it open ~1 inch.

Whoa, how new does it have to be to have this?  I just got this at the
beginning of November last year, and ... no, wait, I'm going to go
check...

Oh, that detent.  I measure it as almost 2½" open, that's why I never
noticed it while playing the door game.  I seem to be getting about as
much ventilation as I want with half that large a gap; maybe it was
appropriate for the old, taller chaff tray.

Today's cup note: had too little left of either the Harasi or the Toba
PB to brew on their own, so I combined equal measures of each and was
reminded yet again why the Moka-Java style blend is such a classic.

--
If a physicist met a colleague from 100 years ago,
he could teach him some new things;