[Homeroast] My obsession history….

Lynne lynnebiz at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 09:33:29 CDT 2012

My obsession has its limits - but only because my income has limits that
prevent me from buying everything in sight.

I started with a stove-top popper I got at a yard sale for a whole dollar
(never was used). I wore that out w/in a couple of months. Progressed to
roasting stove top. Was gifted (by a very generous, kind soul here on SM) a
roasting machine, which I could not figure out how to adjust according to
my tastes. Seriously, I almost had a nervous breakdown because something so
simple was beyond my capabilities! I now know it's because of a limitation
that the brain problem due to my fibro - my doctor told me there is a lot
of similarities btwn brain damage patients and some of the memory &
cognitive problems that fibro patient have. No matter - I gifted it on to a
friend who is now roasting (played it forward), and went back to what I
could handle.

After I moved to my current apt., I realized the World's Worst stove (now
w/only two, small working burners) could not roast coffee that was
deserving of SM's. Fowlgers, maybe, but not SM's.

So I'm now happily using a popcorn popper. Works for me. I don't want to -
no, I can't do any adjustments as many do to improve the popper. I watch
closely & only seldom get a batch that is over roasted.

Sure beats everything that is on the market... I cannot buy coffee out, nor
do I try to drink a cup if I'm at any function. Not worth the pain!

Lynne

Lynne