[Homeroast] Behmor Err4 - any weekend help?

John Nanci john at chocolatealchemy.com
Sun Aug 12 16:36:44 CDT 2012

Greg,

It sounds to me that you had one of those 'unknowns' that hopefully
will not re-occur.  I would hazard to guess it was the cleaning, and
getting particles into the fan, causing it to error out.  And
basically it worked itself out with opening it up and checking it out
again.  I doubt tech support will be able to tell you anything more
than this.  There are really only three causes of an Err 4.  Bad
fan.  Jamming fan.  False PCB signal error.  That's it.  Choices 1
and 3 basically don't fix themselves.  2 sometimes does or can be fixed.

As for the heat, your garage, etc, no, that won't cause an error
4.  Sometimes and Err 1 or 2, but not a 4.

Congrats on roasting 2 batches.  I doubt the fan on it was the
reason, but it's no harm to have the side off with a fan on it.

John