[Homeroast] Behmor Err4 - any weekend help?

John Nanci john at chocolatealchemy.com
Sat Aug 11 15:56:44 CDT 2012

Error 4 is the draw fan, assuming it is a 'real' error and not and
error error :)

Just in case there is a clue there, would you describe your 'full clean'.

In the first case above, take off the back exhaust cover and make
sure the impeller on the draw fan and is spinning freely.  If it's
catching on something (a screw that has come loose for instance) then
as it heats, the metal will swell and cause the error - and often
intermittently at that.

If it is catching on a loose screw, it's moderately involved to fix
it, but not real hard.

Check that and report back.

If it's an error error (meaning a false error) that usually requires
a board change and there isn't anything you can do about it.

John