[Homeroast] Behmor Err4 - any weekend help?

Greg Hollrigel ghollrigel at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 12:10:10 CDT 2012

What a bummer way to start the weekend.  Just finished doing a full clean
of the Behmor, and was running the 1/2 A cleaning cycle and got the Err 4
message about 8 minutes into the cycle.  Cooling cycle runs fine.  Tried a
reset by unplugging and plugging in, and it still gave me the message.

I submitted a support ticket to Behmor, but I'm thinking they won't get
back to me until Monday.  If I can't fix it this weekend, I'm out of
homeroast for my upcoming camp trip.  I checked the wires that I could see
going to the fans, and they look connected.

Just thought I'd check here with all of the great electronic gurus, and see
if anyone else has any ideas of what I could check to see if I can fix it
before Monday.  I'm very simple when it comes to electronics, so I don't
plan on doing anything serious like replacing a fan or anything.

Any thoughts or suggestions?  Feel free to email me off list if there might
be some issues with conflicting with my awaited Behmor support.

Thanks,

Greg