[Homeroast] broken behmor question

Doug Grove dgrove.wa at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 15:02:37 CDT 2012

My understanding (and presumably Ira's) is that the profiles are not
regulated by the
temp. sensor.  They are simply a % power.   The elements cycle on and
off to achieve
the lowered power.  So during the 70% portion of a profile the
elements would be on
70% of the time.  The effect of the temp cutofff is just to prevent
the chamber temp
from exceeding a certain max temp.    So if it's an "on" time interval
for the element
but the max temp is exceeded it won't come on.

Did this make any sense??

I haven't fiddled with the internals, so don't know how it "really"
works, but this has
always been my understanding and is consistent with my experience in using it.

Doug