[Homeroast] Hottop 8828-B

Michael espressoperson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 16:11:18 CDT 2012

I once had some trouble with my model P control panel and decided to disassemble the unit to see if there were any loose wires or connectors. The space behind the panel (and other parts of the innards) were covered with chaff. Once I vacuumed it all out, cleaned it up, reassembled it, the panel started working jperfectly again. It wouldn't hurt to give it a good cleaning no matter what else you decide to do afterwards.

On Apr 24, 2012, at 2:11 PM, Jim Wilkins wrote:

> Digital control panel on my roaster out of whack. The switch to toggle
> between functions (temp, time, fan) no longer works. Is this a common
> problem (with a common solution) for owners of a 8828-B?  I'm  looking for
> ideas to fix the unit. I contacted Hopttop and the only option offered is to
> buy a new control panel for $120 plus shipping. I purchased the roaster from
> Sweet Marias and it has been a workhorse. I roast with a Behmor and Hottop,
> and consistently produce the roasts I need on both. Do I pay the $120 to
> Hottop or use the money toward my next Behmor?
>

> Jim Wilkins

michaelb
espressoperson at gmail.com