[Homeroast] Behmor makes a brewer! with temp control

Phil Palmintere phil.palmintere at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 13:19:44 CDT 2012

I, too, had in mind something else it should do for six hundred bucks.  :-)
:-)  :-)

All kidding aside, $600 is a price point that is sometimes called the
"valley of death".  The theory is that for married people (or POOSSLQs or
POSSSLQs) there is a price point such that below that point one person can
make a decision without consulting the other person -- and above that price
point it becomes a "I have to talk it over with my spouse" decision.  Once
it becomes a "couples" decision, a different dynamic and rationale enter the
decision making process.

For most, $600 is in the "I have to talk it over with my spouse" territory,
and it can shoot down the purchase decisions.