[Homeroast] broken behmor question

Benjamin Morgan morgan.benjamin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 14:13:41 CDT 2012

Hi List,

So a few years ago, I set my Behmor roaster on fire when I left coffee in it
for too long. Since then the electrical and mechanical components work fine,
but since the inside is so blackened ‹ and believe me I have scrubbed and
scrubbed ‹ it won't fully roast batches! I think it doesn't reflect heat
efficiently any more and the roast always stalls and goes into cool-down
mode way too early. (Sometimes before hitting first crack, I think.)

My question is: is there any way to hack the Behmor to keep the heating
element on all the time no matter what? I recognize that my history with the
machine makes this sound like a terrible idea but I promise to stay by it
and be careful. I have only basic mechanical skills but I'm intrepid and
don't have much to lose by pulling the thing apart. If not, I think I'll
just have to throw the thing out, which is sad because everything still sort
of works.

Thanks
Benjamin