[Homeroast] Caffeine - Hit My Limit

Larry Dorman ldorman at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 22:27:50 CDT 2012

I just posted about trying to make decaf espresso in an attempt to cut
back on my caffeine consumption.  I've really increased my coffee
consumption in the past month...  in particular espresso in the
evenings which I only used to do occasionally.

In my case I started feeling itchy all over and at its worst I started
breaking out in hives.  It's been bad enough a couple times that I've
had to take an antihistamine for relief.  So now I've cut back on my
coffee consumption overall and switched to decaf in the short term to
'detox' a little bit.  (I went from having an average of 28 oz of
brewed coffee per day on weekdays and occasionally that much on
weekends to having closer to 42 oz of brewed per day along with 2-4
shots of espresso per day.)

Has anyone else ever hit a limit where the caffeine started causing
problems for them?  How did you manage the situation?  What is your
limit?

LarryD