[Homeroast] Espresso vs. Brew

Lynne lynnebiz at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 08:43:15 CDT 2012

Precisely why I don't drink espresso (and, the fact that I can't afford a
machine, of course!)

I've moved quite a bit, and am looking forward to moving again, but this
time my son is planning to build. Been toying with the idea of living on a
boat, but all of it is so new to me, I don't know... I do love the idea of
being able to take off & go to so many places, though.

Tiny houses really interest me. With each place I've moved, I've been able
to downsize quite a bit - moving is hard, and I like to think of my life in
a simplified way - so I like to downsize the kitchen stuff, too (that's
just about the only possessions I hold onto - much to the chagrin of one of
my kids - she just can't understand why I want to let go of so many things
- it brings me more freedom).

Right now I'm finding a Vietnamese coffee maker (called a coffee filter -
it's very tiny!) is making the best coffee for me. I can get a good, rich
cup, which I love - it only cost me $4 at my local Chinese grocery store
(they have lots of them online, too). Takes awhile, but it's worth the
time, IMO. My moka pot used to be my favorite, but after getting the
Vietnamese one, I never went back to it. I don't get bitter brews anymore,
unless my roasting is way off.

I'd love to hear more about your boat-living (although I know it's going
very off-topic for the list).

Lynne