[Homeroast] Off topic but I thought I would share today's useful discovery

Jim Gundlach pecanjim at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 19 08:57:04 CDT 2012

Lynne,
   Thanks for your reply.  They do realize men are sometimes the victim and some of the people they serve are men.

   When we moved to Auburn, Alabama back in 1969, we rented a house the first year then in the second year we got 56 acres about twenty miles out of town and in the first year there I built a log house.  I did it with a truck load of logs and followed plans that I sketched out on two pages of a legal pad.  We got moved in about three weeks before our daughter was born.  We went from having one thirteen year old to having four fourteen year olds.  When they were seventeen one of the adopted kids was murdered by gang members and because of that we sold the cabin.   My wife got a masters degree in horticulture at Auburn and was working in that area but was volunteering for a domestic violence shelter. One evening she tried to talk a woman seeking shelter to go directly to the local hospital emergency room where they met incoming abused people.  About two hours after she got the the emergency room the woman came in dead.  Her husband caught her packing and killed her.  That experience made her make the full time move to domestic violence work.
    jim