[Homeroast] Off topic but I thought I would share today's useful discovery

Joseph Robertson theotherjo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 14:06:22 CDT 2012

Thanks for that Lynne, every once in a while our Passionate list family
shares special thoughts and passions.. great coffee has that effect.
Joe

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 4:16 AM, Lynne <lynnebiz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Jim, thanks so much for sharing - both the use of the coke cans (my son is
> an avid do-it-yourselfer, and is determined to get a large piece of land
> for us, so he can build our home(s) on it himself!) and also for the great
> work your wife has successfully done. I, and others in my family, have
> sadly been victims, so this really touches me. One thing that I hope
> organizations such as this realize, (perhaps you can pass it on to your
> wife) though, is that men can be victims, too - I've seen it in my family.
> Unfortunately, there is not too much help out there for them - not
> currently.
>
> Lynne
> hoping that the list doesn't mind me going even more off-topic...
>

> On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 9:41 PM, Jim Gundlach <pecanjim at bellsouth.net
> >wrote:
>
> > I am a frequent user of epoxy glue.  In general I just look around for
> > something to mix it in or on.  This evening I was putting a layer of
> epoxy
> > on my tractor's somewhat rusty steering wheel shaft where the oil seal
> > holds in the pressurized power steering oil.  As I did my repeated search
> > for something to mix a small batch of epoxy in, I saw this empty coke can
> > with a very nicely depressed bottom.  This turned out to be the neatest
> and
> > handiest tool for mixing, holding, and moving to where I wanted to use
> the
> > epoxy glue that I have  ever used. I didn't even get any on my hand that
> > used to hold the epoxy while I applied it.
> >
> > Just in case anyone wants to take on the use of coke cans, my wife is the
> > one who drinks cokes and I am not inclined to criticize her for it
> because
> > of her work accomplishment, and a few other reasons. A little over twenty
> > years ago when she took the job as director of the Alabama Coalition
> > Against Domestic Violence I was able to pull three years of Alabama's
> > domestic violence cases from the death certificate files I used for
> > research.  The average number of Alabama domestic violence deaths I found
> > then was 197.67.  I have repeated the process regularly as new data
> become
> > available.  For the last three years that data that I looked at, the
> > average was 18.  During these two decades Alabama's non-domestic violence
> > homicides have continued to bounce around at about the same rate as it
> was
> > twenty to thirty years ago.
> >
> > Again I apologize for going off topic, I guess I could add that I almost
> > always get up earlier than my wife does and I get the espresso machine
> > heated up and I am able to make and drink mine before I take her a
> > capachino  with her morning coke.
> >
> >   pecan jim
> Forum</a>

Joseph Robertson
Sasquatch Coffee Roasters
Craft Coffee Roasting by Design
joe at sasquatchcoffee.com <http://www.jolindas.com> <http://www.jolindas.com>
(360)521-3104
PO Box 451
Stevenson,Washington
98648 USA

“Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the
children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in
the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or
nothing.”
— Helen Keller