[Homeroast] vacuum sealing new roasts

Joseph Robertson theotherjo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 17:06:21 CDT 2012

miKe M. of this list has very extensive experience with this process. I
learned from him for the best storage of valve foil sealed roasted beans to
freeze in the old style freezer that does not go into defrost cycles.
This pretty much stops the degassing process with vented foil bags. I'm
sure the same is true of the vac seal and deep freeze of roasted beans. Do
some of your own taste testes after some measured time in deep freeze
storage to test this method.
Joe

--
Joseph Robertson
Sasquatch Coffee Roasters

“Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the
children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in
the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or
nothing.”
— Helen Keller