[Homeroast] Behmor Fire

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Mon Apr 16 13:45:29 CDT 2012

On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 01:46:20PM -0700, John Nanci wrote:
> Opening it the side further will do nothing to allow more air - the
> fan is doing that (and I speak from the experience of trying it).

The rather sparse array of small holes stamped into the side are a
pretty good restriction for the fan's intake.  Don't know how much of
an effect it might have, as I said it was just a thought that's floated
by a few times while waiting, watching and smelling it shuffle along
towards first crack.  :-)

> Just for completeness, have you contacted Behmor about
> troubleshooting it.  The newer models I've roasted with are entirely
> strong into 2nd with time to spare.  As a token check - have you
> checked your voltage?

Voltage is usually on the high side: 124-125, dropping into the
120s-121s when both the heater and afterburner are on.  Haven't talked
to Behmor yet as I'm still sorting out what's actually going on.  I've
only had, IIRC, two roasts that ran until the timer stopped 'em, and
other roasts that, if they're taking a bit longer than back in
December, don't seem to be suffering for it.

I don't consume quite a pound of greens each week, so the data
accumulates rather slowly, even doing ½lb roast batches.  :-/

--
The most common implementation of SMTP is contained in sendmail.
This program is included free in most UNIX software distributions,