[Homeroast] Sumatra beans

Greg Hollrigel ghollrigel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 19:56:54 CDT 2012

Frank:

It was the Sumatro Gayo Mandheling, described as "deep brooding, bass-note
profile, low acidity, tamarind and raisin notes, undertone of dark
chocolate, moderate brightness, earthy hints."  With this description, it
should be exactly what my wife prefers to drink.  I was really surprised by
the fruitiness.

I roasted it with the Behmor, and got to 1st crack at 15:56 into the roast,
and stopped the roast at 20:20 (2nd crack started at 19:55).  The cracks
were nice and even, not to fast, not too slow.  I called it an FC+ roast.
I roasted 12 ounces of greens on a setting of 1lb, P4, C, in case you have
a Behmor.

I hope I can hit these flavors again on the roast I do this weekend.

Greg