[Homeroast] Sumatra beans was: Re:behmor afterburner was: Behmor Fire

Frank Parth frank at fparth.com
Thu Apr 12 18:02:35 CDT 2012

>  On a side note, I am pleased to report that last week I roasted some of the
>  current Sumatra Tom is offering (the beans look kind of worked), and 2 days
>  after the roast, it smelled and tasted of blueberries (super sweet and
>  fruity).  I've never experienced this before with Indonesian coffees, just
>  African.  It was a great surprise!

Greg,
Which Sumatra was that? There are three currently listed but none describe any blueberry aroma.

My very first order from Tom years ago was a Harrar Horse. I got lucky (since I didn't know what I was doing back
then.Still don't for that matter) and nailed the roast. The most intense blueberry aroma I've ever smelled from a
coffee bean.

Frank Parth